Friday, September 04, 2009

Legen - wait for it - dary!

Starting today at 7.30pm E4 will be showing How I Met Your Mother. I'm a huge fan of this show and if you give it a look you'll see why. Reading about it will probably just make you think it's another Friends-type comedy, which I guess it is... but it's also so much more.

The series is about this chap in the year 2030 telling his children how he met their mother. Each episode is a flashback to his youth and a particular incident in his ongoing (up to four seasons now) saga of romance and friendship.
Here are three of the reasons why I love How I Met Your Mother...
  • It never tells stories in chronological order. There is always at least some jumping back and forth in time. A bit like Coupling used to do.
  • The scripts are funny and clever, and touching without making you puke.
  • Legendary womaniser Barney Stinson may well be one of the funniest characters on television. Not for nothing does NPH keep getting nominated for Emmys. Check out Barney's Blog.
Anyway, give it a look if you can. I discovered it while channel hopping when it was running on Trouble (a channel that doesn't seem to exist any more). I don't think I ever would have watched it otherwise. True story.

E4 will be showing How I Met Your Mother every weekday at 7.30pm (a little early if you ask me) so it may be one for your PVR to collect.

Now SUIT UP!

Wikipedia
The Official CBS site (Beware SPOILERS!)
E4

No comments:

Post a Comment