Thursday, November 22, 2007

Survivors survive

Incredible news. Survivors is to be remade according to this report on the BBC web site. The fingers typing the scripts belong to Adrian Hodges of Primeval fame.


Survivors was an excellent series which told the story of the people who lived through a plague that wiped out 99% of the worlds population. It's probably Terry Nation's third most famous creation after the mighty Blakes' 7 and some mutant dodgem thingies from another obscure BBC science-fiction programme.


I can't quite work out if this makes my secret ambition to dramatise John Wyndham's The Kraken Wakes for television more or less likely. TV's only big enough for so many apocalypses. What is certain is that another high profile genre drama is headed for our screens. Incredible news indeed.


For more information about the original series check out these links;




2 comments:

  1. Survivors remade? Excellent news! Even though it's a million years since I saw it. (Just hope it's not turned into some uber-glossy, helplessly PC, 'for kids' drivel- not that I disapprove of PC, just how it's achieved!)

    If you're going to dramatize The Kraken Wakes how can I? ;-) Except I'm after first dibbs on the film version... though I'm not sure I can really see how it would work yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,

    Below are the most recommended BTC exchanges (BTC for CASH):
    Coinbase: $1 min. trade
    CoinMama

    Earn free Bitcoins with the best Bitcoin faucet rotator:
    BEST Faucet Rotator

    ReplyDelete