Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It's all meme me around here...


Gold star day! I've been memed, I've arrived, I'm a proper blogginator. Thanks Jon!


Right then, crikey, better get on with finding 'five things about myself that other people may consider lame, but I'm actually proud of’...


1 - I don't do 'going out' very much. I certainly don't do 'clubbing', not my thing at all. I love a good pub lunch, or a couple of pints by a crackling fire, but it's fair to say I'm almost a hermit in terms of nightlife and I wouldn't have it any other way. Chronic misanthropy will do that to you. So stop asking me if I did anything at the weekend because I didn't, and I bloody enjoyed it.

2 - I don't pull sickies. In fact I think I've had three absences in about five years. I guess I probably should sometimes but I always think if I took one unnecessary day off... I might never come back. On the other hand I'm planning to take a 'career break' (to concentrate on writing) in a year or so. Maybe I've just saved all my sickies up for one big hit.

3 - I've never seen 'Dirty Dancing', 'American Pie' or a single episode of 'Hollyoaks'. I haven't read 'The Da Vinci Code' and I've never bought a Red Hot Chili Peppers record.

4 - I can't resist disco music. It just makes me move. There's really nothing I can do to stop myself and even if there was I enjoy it too much. Particularly seductive tracks are Baccara - 'Yes Sir, I Can Boogie' and Sarah Brightman and Hot Gossip's 'I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper'. Big band swing has a similar effect on me (on the other hand I have a terror of swingers which results in me frantically seeking out the words 'families welcome' whenever Emma and I are looking for a holiday).

5 - The last episode of 'Doc Martin' made me cry.

I cast this meme towards the gestalt Audio Time Team entity, Mags, Dan and Robin.

2 comments:

  1. This will teach me to take so long looking at blogs. Is the picture supposed to be pictorial representation of us?

    If so, very cool.

    -ATT Member Redo

    ReplyDelete